Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad is loaded with taste from blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans, and could be made forward for the vacation desk! And if you happen to skip the dried cranberries, this salad can work for a low-carb or Keto weight loss plan, or see extra suggestions under for decreasing carbs.
There’s loads to like about this Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad that has blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans. Not solely is it holiday-worthy within the taste division, however you may prepare dinner the beans and marinate them within the dressing, and toast the pecans, crumble the blue cheese and measure the cranberries all upfront, so when it’s time for Thanksgiving dinner all you must do is toss the salad collectively.
This salad is nice at room temperature too, so that you don’t even want to make use of a lot fridge area. I’m recommending this for a Thanksgiving salad partly as a result of the dried cranberries are so conventional for that day, regardless that they’re a little bit of a splurge if you happen to’re watching your carbs. However this tasty salad can be nice with out cranberries, and it might be a deal with all by way of the vacations.
What components do you want?
(That is solely a listing of components; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it can take you on to the whole recipe.)
Learn how to make Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad decrease in carbs:
You may simply omit cranberries if you need a lower-carb model of this tasty salad. Or use dried cranberries without added sugar (affiliate hyperlink) which is able to cut back the carbs within the completed salad fairly a bit. You may as well use white wine vinegar as a substitute of the extra sugary white balsamic vinegar which is able to make it even decrease in carbs.
Need extra concepts for vacation salads?
Try Keto Salad Recipes for Holiday Dinners for different Thanksgiving-worthy salads you would possibly get pleasure from!
Learn how to make Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the prime of the web page, it can take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Trim beans, lower into items, and provides them a wash within the salad spinner in the event that they want it.
- Begin a pan of water boiling, add salt, and prepare dinner beans simply till they’re barely accomplished, about 4-5 minutes.
- Whereas beans prepare dinner, whisk collectively white balsamic vinegar, Dijon, olive oil, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Once they’re accomplished, dump beans right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse with VERY COLD water. Let beans drain effectively.
- When the water has drained off, switch beans to a salad spinner and spin till they’re very dry. (You’ll be stunned how rather more water comes off.)
- Then unfold beans out on a paper towel, cowl with one other towel, and blot dry, till they’re as dry as you will get them. (Don’t skip this step!)
- Toss dried beans with the dressing till all of the beans are well-coated with dressing. (At this level you may let the beans marinate within the dressing till you’re prepared to combine within the different components.)
- While you’re able to serve the salad, toast pecans for a few minutes in a dry frying pan, then cool on a slicing board. Coarsely chop pecans.
- Measure the dried cranberries and blue cheese.
- Then toss every thing collectively, season with a little bit extra contemporary floor black pepper, and serve. Uh-Might-Zing salad! Hope you get pleasure from.
Extra Vacation-Worthy Salads:
- 1 lb. skinny inexperienced beans, trimmed, washed and lower into quick items
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cooking water; the beans don’t soak up all this salt but it surely does add taste)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- contemporary floor pepper to style (for seasoning completed salad)
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil (use your best-tasting oil for this)
- fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Fill a medium-sized pot with water, add the salt, and produce water to a boil whilst you trim the beans.
- Trim each ends of inexperienced beans. (I do that by grabbing a bunch loosely in my hand so the beans are standing up, then letting them fall down on to the slicing board so all of the ends are lined up. Trim the ends and repeat with the opposite finish.) Minimize beans into quick items, 1-2 inches lengthy, and wash in salad spinner if wanted.
- Add beans to the water in relation to a boil and prepare dinner 4-5 minutes, or simply till beans are barely accomplished however nonetheless barely crisp.
- Drain instantly right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse with VERY COLD water. Let beans drain within the colander a couple of minutes, then gently spin in a salad spinner.
- Lay out a paper towel, unfold out the beans, put one other paper towel excessive, and blot dry, till the beans are as dry as you will get them.
- Whereas beans prepare dinner, whisk collectively the vinegar, Dijon, olive oil, and pepper to make the dressing.
- When the beans are dry, put right into a plastic bowl and toss with dressing. (At this level the beans can marinate on the counter for a number of hours till you’re able to serve the salad.)
- While you’re able to serve the salad, toast the pecans for about 2 minutes in a dry pan over excessive warmth, shaking the pan the entire time in order that they don’t burn. Put pecans on a slicing board to chill; then coarsely chop.
- Measure the dried cranberries and crumble the blue cheese. Toss all components collectively and season to style with extra fresh-ground black pepper.
I used to be pleasantly stunned that the salad was nonetheless fairly scrumptious even after it had been within the fridge in a single day, and the 2 instances I’ve made this (up to now!) I fortunately ate the leftovers for lunch the following day.
Recipe tailored from Haricots Verts Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese at Superb Cooking.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 321Whole Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 18gLdl cholesterol: 6mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Diet info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seaside Food regimen Options:
For those who skip the dried cranberries and use white wine vinegar, this Thanksgiving Inexperienced Bean Salad ought to be a great salad for many low-carb weight loss plan plans. I doubled the quantity of beans in proportion to different components to make a extra carb-conscious salad, however even with that change, the dried cranberries and high-fat blue cheese nonetheless make this greatest for Section 3 of the unique South Seaside Food regimen, or a “once-in-a-while deal with” for section 2, to eat on an important day like Thanksgiving.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Salad Recipes or Holiday Recipes for extra recipes like this one! Use the Recipes by Diet Type picture index pages to search out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2013. It was up to date with extra info in 2020 and once more in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.