Maple Glazed Carrots are so good, you would possibly even get the children to eat some carrots in the event you prepare dinner them this manner! And in the event you use sugar-free maple syrup these carrots are surprisingly low in web carbs!
Once I first tried this recipe for Maple Glazed Carrots, I described it to my pal Bonnie after we had been strolling and instructed her how a lot I beloved it. Inside just a few days, Bonnie made the recipe and left a message on Fb telling me how a lot she and her husband preferred it too.
And as we speak I’m updating the recipe with higher pictures to advocate these tasty carrots as a scrumptious choice to make throughout the holidays. And thru the years I began including slightly little bit of butter to the recipe, so I’m making that change. I additionally extremely advocate utilizing coarse sea salt and coarse-ground black pepper to season the carrots on the finish; that takes it to a complete totally different stage.
I predict that these Maple Glazed Carrots would possibly grow to be your new favourite recipe for carrots, as a result of the maple glaze brings out the sweetness of the carrots in a beautiful manner. And in the event you verify the dietary data for these carrots utilizing sugar-free maple syrup you is likely to be stunned to see they solely have about 7 web carbs per serving!
What elements do you want for this recipe?
(That is solely an inventory of elements; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it is going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
What sort of carrots do you have to use for Maple Glazed Carrots?
I’d use entire natural carrots for a recipe like this, as a result of the natural carrots are so candy and scrumptious. That is finest made with entire carrots and never the “child” carrots which might be actually simply massive carrots which might be filed all the way down to a small dimension. But when that’s not taking place at your own home it is going to nonetheless be tasty with any carrots you favor.
What Maple Syrup do I take advantage of for Maple Glazed Carrots?
I’m a fan of Lakanto Monkfruit sweeteners, and I used the Lakanto Maple-Favored Sugar-Free Syrup (affiliate hyperlink) for this recipe! You need to use common maple syrup, however it is going to positively add much more carbs.
Can the Maple Glazed Carrots be dairy-free?
For years I made this recipe with olive oil and never butter, so in the event you want a model that’s dairy-free and vegan I’d use about 1 1/2 T olive oil and skip the butter.
Learn how to make Maple Glazed Carrots:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for full printable recipe. Or in the event you use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it is going to take you on to the whole recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C and select an oven-proof frying pan or dutch oven.
- I like to recommend utilizing natural entire carrots . After you peel the carrots, lower off the thinner suggestions and lower the thicker items in half lengthwise. Then lower all carrots on the diagonal.
- Warmth olive oil and butter in an oven-proof frying pan, then saute the carrots for 3-4 minutes, till they’re beginning to blister and barely shade.
- When carrots are barely browned, flip down warmth, stir in sugar-free maple syrup, stir to coat carrots and season generously with salt and contemporary floor black pepper.
- Roast the carrots 10-Quarter-hour within the oven, till they’re cooked by way of and browned a bit extra. I stirred after 10 minutes.
- Serve the Maple Glazed Carrots sizzling, seasoned with a beneficiant quantity of coarse sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
Extra Carrot Recipes to Attempt:
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and lower on the diagonal into similar dimension items (natural carrots are sweetest for this recipe)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 T sugar-free maple syrup (see notes)
- coarse sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C and select an oven-proof frying pan that’s giant sufficient to carry all of the carrots in a single layer.
- Peel carrots, then lower off the thinner suggestions and lower the thicker ends in half lengthwise.
- Minimize carrot items on the diagonal, making them near the identical dimension and form.
- Add olive oil and butter to the frying pan and warmth to medium sizzling (the oil ought to look shimmery, however not be smoking if you add the carrots.)
- Add the carrots (you need to hear a slight scorching sound.)
- Cook dinner the carrots 3-4 minutes, or till the floor seems to be barely blistered and beginning to shade.
- Flip down warmth to low, add maple syrup, and stir to coat carrots.
- Season effectively with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- Put frying pan into the recent oven and roast carrots for 10-Quarter-hour, or till they’re completed to your liking and barely browned. (I stirred after 10 minutes and roasted them for Quarter-hour.)
- Serve sizzling, seasoned with coarse sea salt and coarse-ground black pepper.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 116Complete Fats: 8.2gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 15mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 3.9gProtein: 1g
Diet data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food regimen / Low-Glycemic Food regimen / South Seashore Food regimen Recommendations:
Sugar-free maple syrup is certainly essentially the most carb-friendly selection for this recipe, and in the event you use that these Maple Glazed Carrots are shocking low in web carbs and could possibly be good for a deal with for low-carb dieters. Carrots are part 2 or 3 for the unique South Seashore Food regimen.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one.Use the Diet Type Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2010! It was up to date with higher pictures and extra data in 2023.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.